Friday 25 March 2011

Create a Smoky Eye make up in Photoshop

This tutorial will show you how to create a dramatic smoky eye make up.
like this:
before and after

step 1
First, Open up your photo, I used this one:
eye

Duplicate the layer, since we use brushes here you might not like what you did on your first try, so its always good to have back up :)
right click on the background layer and choose Duplicate layer
duplicate layer

step 2

Choose the Burn Tool burn tool

use a soft brush (Hardness set to 0) size relatively big, I used 55 here.
and set the Exposure to 10% or lower
burn tool settings
Stroke few times around the outer side of the eye, until you will get some gentle shadow.

The first picture here is my original photo.
the second shows in yellow the area I stroked with the burn tool.
the third picture is my final result.
1 before and after









step 3

Now we'll add some more shadow.
Stay with the burn tool, and choose a much smaller brush, i used a size 10 brush.
and stroke a couple more times closer to the eye, until you get the result you want.
2 before and after

I also chose a very small brush (size 5) and storked along each eyelash to create an effect similar to Mascara.

Step 4

You may want to finish at this point, but I wanted to add a little more eyeshadow for a more dramatic look.
Make a new layer by pressing Ctrl+Shift+N
Set the layer's Blend mode to Soft light
blend mode

Use the brush Tool brush tool and choose big soft brush, set it's Opacity to about 30-40%.
and pick A Dark brown color like this: #302219
brush tool settings
Use the brush to stroke around the eye, mostly in the area between the eye and the eyebrow.
2 before and after

you can change each layer's opacity to make the effect weaker
I've also used the burn tool on the eyebrow to make it darker.
this is what I got in the end:
end before and after


Hope you enjoyed my tutorial ^___^